I finally finsihed this little quilt that I started way back in May. Maybe it was April. When I started it, I planned to have it done in time for the baby shower. I didn’t make it. My next goal was to have it done by the time the baby was born. I didn’t make it. Kyle turned six weeks old today, and I was finally able to give him this.
I really like how it turned out. When I started, I chose neutral colors since we didn’t know if it was a boy or girl. With the blue border and green binding, I think this will suit Kyle just fine.
I have found that when it comes to the actual quilting, I should just stick with stippling. I started quilting this in straight lines and it didn’t work at all. I ended up having to rip it all out and start over. The stippling went much better.
I still have enough fabric to make a second quilt just like this. In fact, the layer cake that makes up the squares will make two additional quilts. I have several other projects that are in the works, so I will probably put it aside for now. I am working on a project for my sister, next. Here is the fabric she picked out. I can’t wait to get started.