I found a little time this afternoon to get started on my “week-o-quilting,” and I made some good progress. First, I had to snap a picture of my fabric stash, nicely organized. It might be the last time it ever looks like this.
It always amazes me how much math goes into quilting. I added and re-added and still somehow made a mistake when I was calculating the measurements for the back of the baby quilt I have been working on. Thankfully, I had given myself some wiggle room and the back is still big enough. I finished it up and it is ready to baste.
I was on a roll, so I decided to sew together the leftover squares from this quilt. It is going to be a fairly small one, but I had a piece of batting already the perfect size, and got the backing ready for this one, too. So, I should be able to baste and quilt both of these in the next few days. Yay for making so much progress on my first day of Spring Break!